News 3 March 2009

Incredible Hulk arrested

Three men were arrested – including a man in an Incredible Hulk fancy dress costume – following a fight outside the Talk of the Town club in Herne Bay.
Police were called at 1.45am on Sunday (1 March 2009) to a report that bottles had allegedly been used in the fight. Three people needed treatment at hospital including two of those arrested and one who had been assaulted.
There was a crowd in the area at the time and some witnesses may have left whilst officers dealt with those arrested and the injured. Officers are keen to talk to anyone who saw the fight and they should contact DC Steven Tring on 01227 868283.
Those arrested in connection with assault are a 24-year-old from Herne Bay, a 21-year-old from Faversham and a 20-year-old from Canterbury. They have all been released on bail until 16 April 2009 pending further inquiries.

Thanet Way closed

The London-bound carriageway of the A299 Thanet Way near Whitstable had to be closed this morning (3 March 2009) after two collisions. The first was reported at 6.50am when a passing driver rang to advise police that the driver of a Peugeot car had been in the collision with the barrier in the central reservation and was pushing his car to the side of the road. As officers attended this collision 300 yards past the A290 Whitstable junction it was reported that another collision had taken place at the Whitstable junction. This involved a SECAM single response vehicle and four other cars. At 7.20am the Thanet Way was shut so that two of the cars and the ambulance could be removed from the road. It was reopened at 8.45am. No serious injuries were reported but the Peugeot driver was taken to the William Harvey Hospital at Ashford for a check up. 

Shed on the move

Two teenagers were arrested early this morning (2 March 2009) after they were spotted wheeling a trolley loaded with a small garden shed away from the B&Q store in Sturry Road, Canterbury.
Police were called and one man ran off but police traced him and another nearby. The shed was found abandoned in Dickens Avenue and has now been taken to Canterbury Police Station.
The two aged 16 and 19 were questioned and released on police bail until 19 March 2009.